Are you a fan of Bridgerton, Netflix's incredibly popular Regency drama? Seventy scenes, spread over 14 locations, were shot in Bath for Season 1 – the most extensive and ambitious filming ever undertaken in Bath.
I can take you on a two-hour walking tour of the filming spots, reveal behind-the-scenes snippets, and provide insights into the accuracy of Bridgerton's portrayal of life in Regency England. The tour will also cover what was filmed in Bath for Season 2 and upcoming Season 3, due out in 2023.
Bath has appeared in dozens of films and TV series over the years – think Vanity Fair, The Duchess, Les Miserables and ITV's detective series McDonald and Dodds, to name but a few.
Recent large-scale productions partly shot in Bath have included a new adaptation of Jane Austen’s Persuasion, released on Netflix in 2022, and Wonka, a Warner Bros version of Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, due to appear late 2023. My walking tour can cover the filming locations of these and other films and TV shows.
If you want a general Highlights Tour of Bath with key Bridgerton locations included, that is completely doable.
Reviews in newspapers and magazines
My Bridgerton and TV/film tours of Bath have been very positively reviewed in the media:
* For a local journalist's review of a Bridgerton tour I've led, see here.
* Discover Britain magazine has an article on Bath and Bridgerton, featuring my tour: see here.
* For an article in The Times focusing on Netflix's Persuasion film and my tour: see here.
* The Daily Telegraph selected my Bridgerton tour as one of the best things to do in Somerset: www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/activity-and-adventure/secret-side-somerset-plus-20-fun-things-do/.
* TravelAge West picked out my Bridgerton tour: https://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/Europe/bridgerton-filming-location-tours-downton-abbey-bond.
Bridgerton, TV and Film Locations Tour of Bath - 2 hours