Are you a fan of Bridgerton, Netflix's incredibly popular Regency drama? Seventy scenes, spread over 14 locations, were shot in Bath for Season 1 – the most extensive and ambitious filming ever undertaken in Bath.
I can take you on a two-hour walking tour of the filming spots. I will reveal behind-the-scenes snippets, and provide insights into the accuracy of Bridgerton's portrayal of life in Regency England.
The tour will also cover what was filmed in Bath for Bridgerton Season 2, for Queen Charlotte: A Bridgerton Story, and for upcoming Season 3, to be released in May and June 2024.
Bath has appeared in dozens of films and TV series over the years – think Vanity Fair, The Duchess, Les Miserables and ITV's detective series McDonald and Dodds, to name but a few.
Parts of the city were turned into a winter wonderland for the filming of Wonka, the blockbuster prequel to Roald Dahl's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory story, which appeared in cinemas in late 2023. A number of scenes in the latest adaptation of Jane Austen’s Persuasion (released on Netflix in 2022) were filmed in Bath too.
My walking tour can cover the filming locations of all these films and TV shows, and many others.
If you want a general Highlights Tour of Bath with key Bridgerton locations included, that is completely doable too.
Reviews in newspapers and magazines
My Bridgerton and TV/film tours of Bath have been very positively reviewed in the media:
* For a local journalist's review of a Bridgerton tour I've led, see here.
* Discover Britain magazine has an article on Bath and Bridgerton, featuring my tour: see here.
* For an article in The Times focusing on Netflix's Persuasion film and my tour: see here.
* The Daily Telegraph selected my Bridgerton tour as one of the best things to do in Somerset: www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/activity-and-adventure/secret-side-somerset-plus-20-fun-things-do/.
* TravelAge West picked out my Bridgerton tour: https://www.travelagewest.com/Travel/Europe/bridgerton-filming-location-tours-downton-abbey-bond.
Bridgerton, TV and Film Locations Tour of Bath - 2 hours